A common problem with Ingersoll Rand air compressors is Ingersoll Rand compressor fault codes. This article will provide you with some useful information on compressor error codes, along with existing reader questions and responses about Ingersoll Rand compressor fault codes!
Table of Contents
- Reasons Ingersoll Rand Compressor Shows Fault Codes
- Additional Ingersoll Rand Pages
- Reader Questions & Responses
Reasons Ingersoll Rand Compressor Shows Fault Codes
In the event of a system fault of some sort, the Ingersoll Rand air compressor should display a fault code in the user operational display menu on the controller. If there is more than one fault code active, each will be displayed as separate items in this operational display menu; they can be viewed by pressing up or down to view.
Ingersoll Rand Fault Codes
The fault codes displayed on the Ingersoll Rand air compressor will typically be separated into:
- Unit faults (ERR/ERROR)
- System alarms (SYS/WARNING)
When the compressor displays an error or shutdown, the conditions of the error will automatically reset once the condition has been resolved, and the air compressor has restarted and works with no issues.
When the compressor displays a system alarm warning, the conditions are automatically reset when the condition has been resolved and reset on the compressor.
It’s common for the fault codes to be separated by some regarding a problem or error with the controller itself which prevents normal operation of the compressor, and system faults that occur externally from the controller and with the compressor.
The Ingersoll Rand compressor fault codes will likely show their errors in two different light patterns:
- LED flashing slowly – this indicates an alarm warning condition where the compressor is continuing with the normal operation but user attention is required still.
- LED flashing fast – this indicates a trip condition where the controller will stop the operation of the compressor until the conditions of the error are resolved.
In most cases, the fault codes should be labeled with unique numeric codes which can then be understood from the user’s manual for the specific Ingersoll Rand compressor.
Additional Ingersoll Rand Pages
- Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Won’t Stay Running
- Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Won’t Restart
- Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Keeps Tripping Breaker
- Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Bogs Down
- Identifying Ingersoll Rand Compressor Models
- Ingersoll Rand Compressor Oil – Changing It, Which To Use & How Much To Use
Reader Questions & Responses
Ingersoll Rand Compressor Fault Codes
After servicing the compressor it would have a trouble code that will show up and say service.
Is there a reset that you have to do to the computer to clear this out of the system so it knows you serviced it, and if so how do you clear it?
what does USB code 22 mean…
If you have any questions regarding Ingersoll Rand air compressor fault codes, please leave a comment below, with a photo if applicable, so that someone can help you!