Bostitch, a part of the name of Bostitch air compressors is, according to their website, a contraction of the company’s original name. The original name of the company was the Boston Wire Stitcher company. The “bos” in Bostitch comes from the word Boston and the “stitch” comes from the stitcher part of the name.
They’ve been in business since 1896 going through various iterations and name changes. They do not appear to have been involved with air compressors, which are necessary to run their lines of air staplers and air nailers and other air tools, until 2001 when Bostitich began introducing their line of air compressors as accessories for their tool line.
Bostitch air compressors is part of the Global Stanley Tools empire, and are supplied to customers via big box store and other distribution outlets throughout the world.
In the USA you can visit their website www.bostitch.com to get information, a logical first step when you have a problem with Bostitch air compressors.
If contacting Bostitch / Stanley about an issue with your compressor hasn’t helped you, and you still have a question about or problem with your Bostitch air compressor, then this page is for you.
Bostitch air compressors manuals
Need Bostitch air compressors manuals? Here is one that has been kindly provided by other visitors to this site to help other Bostitch compressor users.
- Bostitch CAP60P-OF parts list
- Bostitch CAP60PB-OF parts list
- Bostitch Model BTFP01012 manual
- Bostitch CAP 2000 manual
If you have any Bostitch literature or manuals in digital format and care to share it, upload it using the form at the bottom of this page.
Please check the troubleshooting compressors pages on this site for help too as many if not all problems common to many makes of air compressors are identified and resolution provided on those pages.
Still need to post a question about your Bostitch brand air compressor. Please use the form at the end of this page.
Cheers, and thanks to all contributors.
Additional comments, questions and pages about Bostitch air compressors found on this site:
- Bostitch CAP1512 air compressor will not shut off.
- Bostitch air compressor will not build any pressure
- Bostitch air compressor will not start
- Bostitch air compressor will not start or stop properly
- Bostitch CAP 60 troubleshooting
- Bostitch has hot electrical smell
- Stanley – Bostitch will not stay running
- Bostitch compressor regulator issues
- Bostitch has burnt smell
- Bostitch CAP-60 will not build pressure
- Bostitch never gets to cut out pressure
- Bostitch CAP 60 won’t build past 50 PSI
- CAP 60 has low pressure
- Bostitch CAP 60 will not shut off
- Bostitch starts then shuts down
- Bostitch OL195 not building air
- Remove the case from a Bostitch CAP60P OF air compressor