Sanborn air compressors were manufactured originally by the Sanborn Manufacturing Company in Springfield, Minnesota. Their brand of compressor then was the Black Max air compressor. After some years Sanborn Manufacturing was acquired by Coleman Powermate, Inc.
Subsequently, the Black Max air compressor line was discontinued as the original Sanborn brand.
What’s here on this Sanborn air compressors page?
- a bit about the origins of Sanborn compressors
- website where additional info may be available
- Sanborn manuals for complementary download
- links to additional pages of Sanborn compressors found on this site
- spot to ask new questions and get help with your Sanborn
The Black Max then became the Powermate brand of air compressor.
MAT Industries, LLC then purchased the Coleman Powermate plant in 2008. According to the www.nujournal.com, “MAT Holdings, Inc., is a $600 million privately held company supplying hardware, air compressors and automotive parts and accessories in North America and worldwide. MAT Holdings, Inc. is currently headquartered in Lincolnshire, Ill.” You can get more information about MAT industries by visiting their site: www.matholdingsinc.com.
Now, Powermate appears to be offering the Sanborn air compressor brand Black Max again.
Then, in late 2017 there was rumor floating around the internet that Sanborn / MAT holdings, makes the Kobalt brand of air compressor for Lowes, too.
Tracking down information on the Sanborn compressor is quite convoluted. If you are seeking information about support for your Sanborn, you could try contacting them at www.powermate.com to see if they can help.
Having an issue with your Sanborn air compressor? Need a little help from other Sanborn air compressors owners? Here is where you can ask a question about it and find help.
This is the Sanborn air compressors information page allowing owners and users of Sanborn, Black Max or Powermate air compressors an on-line location to ask questions relating to their Sanborn air compressor operation or problems as well as to provide each other advice if they can.
If you could take a moment to scan the existing questions and answers below you may find an answer to your questions already there.
Can your provide advice for any of them? If so, please add a comment to that question.
Can’t find an answer? Please scroll to the bottom of the page to ask yours.
Sanborn Air Compressors manuals
The following Sanborn manual and parts lists are courtesy of site visitors that took their time to scan and send, or email their electronica copy of Sanborn air compressor information to me for adding below.
If you have a digital file of any Sanborn, Powermate or Black Max compressors, and would like me to make it available to all, please contact me for directions. Thank you!
- Sanborn 104A200 manual
- Sanborn 109BL300 manual
- Sanborn 44A75 / 44A100 manual
- Sanborn 400B 500B 500BP Operator Instruction and parts manuals
- Sanborn Series 500BL & 500BPL compressors manual
- Sanborn Series 500BL & 500BPL compressors parts list
- Sanborn Series B07F350 manual
My thanks for the questions and for all the help responding on this Sanborn air compressors forum.
More pages with questions asked and answered and more information about Sanborn air compressors on this site:
- Determine make of Sanborn compressor to find parts
- Repair a Sanborn Model 500A60 belt drive air compressor.
- New Sanborn will not start
- Sanborn Black Max oil capacity and grade
- CFM rating of Sanborn Black Max air compressor
- Sanborn will not turn on
- Need manual for older Black Max compressor
- Information needed about a Sanborn Magna Force m109c400-20 compressor
- Sanborn Magna Force slowing way down
- Sanborn Magna Force manual search
- Sanborn Magna Force 5 HP oil check