Air Compressors are great, but one thing that can make them a bit of a pain is their cords. While corded air compressors tend to be more powerful than cordless air compressors, there are some situations where an air compressor without cords is more appropriate.
But, it can be difficult to find a good cordless air compressor, simply because a lot of them have issues with holding charge.
If you are looking for a cordless air compressor, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we’ll be taking a look at the 10 best cordless air compressors on the market, and giving you lots more information about these devices. So, to find out more, keep on reading.
Table of Contents
10 Best Cordless Air Compressors
- Makita DMP180SYX Cordless Air Compressor
- WORKSITE 20v Portable Cordless Air Compressor
- AVID Power 20v Portable Air Compressor
- DEWALT Flexvolt DCC2560T1 Air Compressor
- Merece Cordless Rechargeable Air Compressor
- RYOBI 18v Portable Cordless Air Compressor
- Sun Joe 24v-AJC-LTW Cordless Air Compressor
- AVID Power 20v Cordless Air Compressor
- Baseus Electric Cordless Air Compressor
- KIMO 1001 Portable Air Compressor
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Cordless Air Compressors
|Makita DMP180SYX Cordless Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|WORKSITE 20v Portable Cordless Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|AVID Power 20v Portable Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|DEWALT Flexvolt DCC2560T1 Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|Merece Cordless Rechargeable Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|RYOBI 18v Portable Cordless Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|Sun Joe 24v-AJC-LTW Cordless Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|AVID Power 20v Cordless Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|Baseus Electric Cordless Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
|KIMO 1001 Portable Air Compressor||Prime||Buy Now|
We also love the Makita DMP180SYX cordless air compressor. This is a great air compressor because it is excellently designed.
From the backlight behind the pressure gauge which allows you to see the pressure gauge at all times, to the auto-stop function which prevents this air compressor from overfilling, there are lots of excellent parts to its design.
But the best thing about this air compressor, apart from its reputation, is the fact that it is insanely convenient to use. So, you should definitely consider buying this air compressor.
- Extremely Convenient – This air compressor is convenient to use for lots of different tasks, primarily topping off tires.
- Backlight Included – The pressure gauge on this air compressor is back-lit so that you can see the gauge at all times.
- Auto-Stop Function – Comes with an automatic stop function that can be adjusted to your desired pressure, and will cut the power when you want it to.
- Lightweight Pump – This air compressor is designed for lightweight jobs, so it is unsuitable for heavy-duty tasks.
Another wonderful air compressor is the WORKSITE 20v portable cordless air compressor. This air compressor is incredibly safe to use because it comes with an LED light that can be used to activate SOS mode.
So, if you are ever in an emergency situation, this air compressor will be there to help you. It also comes with superfast inflation, allowing you to reach a PSI of 0 to 36 in under 5 minutes.
Additionally, it has an air flow of 30L/min. With this, plus the fact it comes as part of a complete kit, it is clear to see why this air compressor is so great.
- SOS Mode – Comes with an LED light that increases visibility and also works as an SOS mode in the event of an emergency.
- Fast Inflation – This air compressor has an air flow of 30L/min and a PSI of 0-36 in less than 5 minutes, so it is great for refilling air in an emergency.
- Complete Kit – Not only do you get an air compressor, but you also get an additional storage bag and a variety of adapters included in the price.
- Battery Defect – The battery in this air compressor does not last for long periods, so you will need to recharge regularly.
We also love the AVID Power 20v portable air compressor. This air compressor is one of the best for the job if you want to be able to inflate things quickly.
This is because this air compressor has an inflation rate of 30L/min, allowing you to quickly inflate whatever it is that you want.
Additionally, it has a dual power supply, so it can be used both cordless and corded. With this, and an LED light that allows you to see what you are doing, no matter what time of day you are inflating things. So, it is an air compressor to consider.
- Fast Inflation – This air compressor does its job quickly and efficiently with a speed of 30L/min.
- LED Light – An LED light is built into this design of the air compressor, so you will always be able to see what you are doing.
- Dual Power Supply – Use while connected directly to the power supply, or charge up via a 12v car adapter to use cordless.
- No Auto Shutoff Feature – This air compressor does not have an auto shutoff feature, so you will have to monitor the progress yourself.
Another great air compressor is the DEWALT Flexvolt DCC2560T1 air compressor. This air compressor is perfect for big tasks because it is a heavy-duty air compressor. So, there is no job that is too big for this air compressor.
It also comes with a OneTurn regulator, which ensures you will have accurate and fast pressure adjustments every single time that you use it. But, the best thing about this air compressor is that it is the quietest out of the options that we have looked at.
So, not only is it powerful, but it is quiet too.
- Heavy-Duty – Includes a heavy-duty oil-free pump which is able to push a lot of air into whatever you are inflating.
- Low Operating Noise – This has one of the lowest operating noises of all the air compressors that we have looked at, at just 79 dBA.
- Fast and Accurate – This air compressor has a OneTurn regulator for fast and accurate pressure adjustments.
- Battery Struggles with Large Jobs – The battery of this air compressor struggles with large tasks, and will run out fairly quickly.
We also love the Merece Cordless Rechargeable Air Compressor. This air compressor is perfect because it is both strong and fast, so it will provide a lot of air to the item that you are inflating in a very short amount of time.
So, this is the perfect air compressor if you need something to do the job quickly.
Additionally, it comes with an auto shutoff feature, and a lightweight design. This combined easily makes it one of the best options on the market.
- Hands-Free Inflation – Set the air pressure to an amount of your choice, set the air compressor to go, and leave the air compressor to do its job, hands-free.
- Strong and Fast – This air compressor is incredibly powerful, allowing you to fill a tire in as little as 2 minutes.
- Lightweight Design – It weighs just 2.6-pounds, making this device the perfect choice for carrying around with you.
- No Auto Shutoff Feature – Again, this air compressor does not come with an auto shutoff feature, so you will have to monitor the airflow yourself.
Alternatively, you should consider the RYOBI 18v portable cordless air compressor. This air compressor is small, and because of this it is easily portable as it will slow anywhere in your car.
Additionally, it is lightweight, and because of this it is even easier to carry around, making it a wonderful choice for inflating things on the go. But, the best thing about this air compressor is how quick it is at doing its job.
So, if you ever have to inflate something in a hurry, this is the machine for the job.
- Lightweight – This air compressor is the perfect size and weight for carrying around with you, making it perfect for inflating things on the go.
- Small and Easily Portable – As well as being lightweight, this air compressor is also very small, so you can easily fit it in your vehicle.
- Very Quick – This air compressor is able to inflate objects very quickly because it is very powerful.
- Doesn’t include Hoses or Adapter – Unfortunately, this air compressor does not come with any hoses or adapters, you simply get the air compressor.
You should also consider the Sun Joe 23v-AJC-LTW cordless air compressor. This air compressor is great because it is lightweight and easily portable.
Additionally, it is just the right size for carrying around, which makes it even more portable.
So, no matter where you are going, you can easily fit this in your trunk. It is also highly versatile, and comes with lots of different accessories to support this. So, you need to think about buying this air compressor.
- Highly Versatile – Suitable for use with camping equipment, sports equipment, and home machinery.
- Portable – Lightweight design can be easily stored in a trunk for easy portability, no matter where you are going.
- Additional Accessories Included – Includes a 14-inch hose, and multiple pin nozzle attachments, making it perfect for lots of tasks.
- Slower than Others – This definitely isn’t the fastest air compressor that we have looked at on this list, but it gets the job done.
A great air compressor on the market is the AVID Power 20v Cordless Air Compressor. We love this air compressor because it is multi-purpose, so it is well worth the investment.
From refilling tires to inflating pool toys, the list of things that you can do with this air compressor is seemingly endless.
This air compressor is also great because it comes with the auto shutoff function, which makes using it a lot easier.
With this, plus the fact that it can be charged via both USB and 12v car power adapter, it is easy to see why we consider this air compressor to be the best on the market.
- Multipurpose – Ideal for lots of different tasks, from inflating pool toys to refilling tires.
- Dual Power Supply – The battery of this air compressor can be charged via 12v car power adapter and USB port.
- Safety Features – Includes automatic stop function that will shut down the air compressor once the desired pressure has been reached.
- Struggles in Cold Weather – this device struggles when it is exposed to the cold for long periods of time, so it is best to store it indoors/in the garage.
You should also consider the Baseus Electric Cordless air compressor. Just like many air compressors that we have looked at, this comes with the all-important auto shutoff feature that makes using this device a lot easier.
Additionally, it comes with 3 different nozzles which you can use for different jobs. Due to this, this air compressor is literally multi-purpose.
But, without a doubt, the best thing about this air compressor is the fact that it has a digital display which allows you to view pressure with the simple click of a button. So, this is definitely one to consider.
- Auto Shut Off – Just like some of the other devices that we have looked at, this air compressor comes with an adjustable auto shutoff that can be set to a pressure of your choice.
- Multi-Purpose – Comes with 3 different nozzles which can be used for inflating toys, inflating tires, inflating sports equipment, and lots more.
- Digital Display – Includes LED digital display, allowing you to see tire pressure with just the touch of a button.
- Slow filling – Sometimes this air compressor can be slow at filling whatever it is you are trying to fill.
Finally, you should consider the KIMO 1001 Portable air compressor. This air compressor is great because it is very lightweight, weighing just 1.65-pounds.
It also has a powerful air flow rate of 55L/min. It also comes with both LED lights and an LCD screen so that you can always see what you are doing with this device.
But, the best thing about this air compressor is how easy it is to use. So, if you are new to using an air compressor, this is the one for you.
- LCD Screen – Includes LCD screen and LED lights, the screen is easy to read as it is LCD, and the LED light will illuminate the area that you are working in.
- Lightweight Design – This air compressor weighs just 1.65-pounds making it very lightweight, but it is also very powerful with a rate of 55L/min air flow rate.
- Easy to use – This is the perfect air compressor for beginners because it is incredibly easy to use.
- It Gets Hot – This air compressor heats up when it is being used for long periods, so it is better for shorter tasks.
The air compressors that we have looked at in this guide are some of the best options on the market. But, if you still aren’t sold, we’ve put together this quick buyer’s guide full of all the information that you need to know about cordless air compressors.
So, to find out more about the key features of this device, keep on reading.
One of the key things that you need to consider when choosing a cordless air compressor is the battery life of the device. As we have said, this is something that some cordless air compressors struggle with, so it is important to do your research.
When you are considering the battery life of your air compressor, it is important to consider the tasks that you want to complete with it. This will have a big influence on which battery life is best for you.
Another very important thing to look at is the PSI range of the air compressor. This is the maximum amount of pressure that the air compressor will be able to output.
So, when you are looking to buy an air compressor, it is important that the maximum PSI of the device matches the output that you require to do the job. Otherwise, it will be unable to do the job.
You also need to consider the capacity of the air compressor that you are using. The capacity of the air compressor will have a direct impact on the amount of tasks that you are able to do with the air compressor.
Auto Shutoff Feature
Finally, you need to consider whether the air compressor that you are looking at has an auto shutoff feature. When it comes to air compressors, an auto shutoff feature is a great addition because it makes your life a lot easier.
With this feature you can set your desired air pressure and the air compressor will continue to fill the item until it reaches this. This also makes your air compressor safer, so it is definitely a feature to look for.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cordless air compressor?
As the name suggests, a cordless air compressor is an air compressor that is designed to operate while powered by a battery. Unlike corded air compressors, these compressors run on a battery, so you will need to charge them up before you use them.
Are cordless compressors any good?
Cordless air compressors are good, but they generally are not as powerful as corded air compressors.
They will also last for shorter periods of time simply because they are running on a battery, not a direct connection. But for the right job, a cordless air compressor can be perfect.
Does Bosch make a cordless air compressor?
Bosch do produce a cordless pneumatic pump, but they are yet to produce an air compressor of a similar style to the ones that we have looked at in this guide. This could always change in the future, though.