Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
by Tim Showalter
Hello, I am considering purchasing an ingersoll rand type 30 model 242.
My question is how can I figure out the motor HP, and compressor CFM from the metal tag plate?
I have a 242-5c and was told by IR that it was a factory 5hp 230v single phase, and produces about 14 cfm. Try giving them a call.
Type 30 model 242
by: Doug in s.d.ca.
Take a look at the posts on the T-30 page re this machine, and that should give you some idea.
Additional CFM reading:
- SCFM Vs ACFM Vs ICFM – What’s The Difference? Converting & Calculating
- Best Ways to Increase CFM On Air Compressors
- Connecting Two Air Compressors Together
- How to Calculate CFM of Air Compressors
- CFM Pipe Size Chart
- SCFM vs CFM for Air Tools & Air Compressors Guide to Compressor Ratings
- What Is CFM and What Does CFM Mean on An Air Compressor?
- Air Compressor Size For Spraying Stucco & Plaster
- Does a die grinder require low or high CFM?
- Speedaire 4B247 swapped with 2Z499 and its effect on CFM?
- 20 CFM Air Compressor – Buying, Hiring, What Can They Run?
- Air Compressors That Produce 500 CFM And Above
- CFM SCFM PSI Compressor Flow Issues
- CFM rating of Black Max compressor
What size air compressor:
- What Size Air Compressor Do I Need? How to Size An Air Compressor
- What Size Air Compressor Do I Need For Impact Wrench?
- What Size Air Compressor For Sander?
- What Size Air Compressor For Sandblasting?
- What Size Air Compressor For Framing Nailer?
- What Size Air Compressor For Air Hammer?
- What Size Air Compressor For Air Ratchet?
- What Size Air Compressor for Car Detailing?
- What Size Air Compressor for Truck Tires?
- What Size Air Compressor For Nail Gun
- What Size Air Compressor for Painting Cars?
- What Size Air Compressor Do I Need for Spray Painting?
- What Size Air Compressor For Staple Gun Or Upholstery Air Stapler?
- What Size Air Compressor Do I Need For A Die Grinder?
What is the specc for a motor to drive a t30. 342c ingersol rand compressor
You’re on the 242 page, is that what you have?
Then see above.