by: Andy

I had an unidentified component on compressor pump. It’s now fixed, and here is my rebuilt Speedaire.

My rebuilt Speedaire air compressor - Photo 1
My rebuilt Speedaire air compressor – Photo 1

After a month and a half, the compressor is done. Since the tank was in good shape structurally, I refinished it, repainted & lubed the motor, replaced the copper tubing, added a pressure switch with an unloader, installed a new check valve with an unloader fitting, installed rubber feet on the base, new drain valve, new hose, and all new hardware.

My rebuilt Speedaire air compressor - Photo 2
My rebuilt Speedaire air compressor – Photo 2

I also discovered that everything had been originally installed backward, covering the 1/4″ tank port. When I reassembled everything, I turned everything around & installed the pressure control & it’s manifold on this port. I think it turned out pretty good overall.

_________________________________

Andy, the earlier post you refer to was lost in the site transfer to the new host servers. I apologize for that. If you would care to add more information and photos, please do so.

Bill