Need replacement 40440 petcock.

by Danny

Somehow or another I seem to have lost the petcock on my 40400 compressor tank. Do I need to use an OEM part, or can I replace with a ball valve of some sort?

Comments for Need replacement 40440 petcock.

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 20, 2018
40440 tank drain
by: Bill

No, and yes.

In fact, if you thread a 90 elbow into the tank port, and run a poly line out to the side, and put the ball valve there, it makes draining the tank easier and the protruding ball valve is a reminder to do so.

Click here to add your own comments

Add your own question or comment. It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Central Pneumatic Compressor 40440 Questions.