Inlet Pressures for the regulator

by George

I have a 60 gal 2 stage compressor that I would like to use for sand blasting, but would also like to use to run my 90 psi air tools. The compressor tank has a pressure of 175 psi. and I would like to put a regulator downstream for my air tools. My question about regulators is, How do you know what regulator would work for that application?

Comments for Inlet Pressures for the regulator

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 27, 2017
Regulator pressure
by: Bill

When you buy the air regulator it will have a pressure range. Simply pick one that has a range of at least 175 PSI, and with similar fittings.

You can then use this regulator to dial down the air pressure from the compressor.

I suggest a 175 PSI as, even though the new one is downstream from the one on the compressor, if you leave the compressor regulator wide open, then the downstream regulator would get 175 PSI too, and has to be able to handle that pressure.

Click here to add your own comments

Add your own question or comment. It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Compressed Air Regulator Questions.