When valve are close it seems to run OK but when valve is opened even half way it starts to cut out and upper radiator hose expands.
Could this be due to a faulty thermostat?
The engine radiator hose?
Anything’s possible, but I’d be replacing that hose before it bursts.
Does the engine accelerate when you open the valve?
185 cut out under load fix
Your problem is in the unloaded or suction valve – same thing.
It must be always close – there are two springs in the big diagram shaft a big one on the outside and a small one on the inside, that’s your problem.
Take off the intake side of air filter holes and make sure the big silver plate is closed – should be normally closed.
Existing Ingersoll Rand P185 tow behind compressor pages:
- Ingersoll Rand P185 Tow Behind Compressor Parts, Manuals, Information
- Use ATF in a P-185
- Adjust air pressure on an I/R 185
- I-R 185 bogs down and dies
- Ingersoll Rand 185 pumping oil with air
- P-185 stalling
- I/R 185 shutting down
- Ingersoll Rand P185WJD parts catalogue
- I/R 185 spitting hydraulic oil
- Ingersoll Rand 185 intermittent shut down
- Ingersoll Rand 185 blowing air out of pressure relief
- Ingersoll Rand P185 running hot & oil is dark
- Ingersoll Rand P-185 ran out of fuel and now won’t start
New comment? New question? Please add it here along with photos to help others help you with your compressor and equipment problem!