Help determining what fittings I need to make a manifold?

by Matt Feight
(Inlet, Pa)

Air compressor manifold

Air compressor manifold

I have cheap Buffalo Tools compressor with a manifold very similar to the one you have pictured on your page regarding building your own manifold. My confusion is how to tie the pressure switch back in. I can find "tees" to use but not a "cross" that allows the pressure switch to be right above the hole in the air tank.

I will attach another photo similar to the set up I am trying to replace. Only difference in mine is the manifold
Is made out of cheap pot metal.

Any input would be appreciated.

Comments for Help determining what fittings I need to make a manifold?

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 29, 2017
by: Doug in

I'm not sure why, but crosses are not commonly stocked. If you'd rather use a cross, try google -"1/4 brass cross fitting" (or whatever size you want)

Grainger, McMaster-Carr, Zoro and others have them.

BTW, prices being what they are, it may be cheaper to buy the cross and-or all the rest online, than using other parts instead of the cross.

Have fun.

Apr 28, 2017
Build a compressor manifold
by: Bill

Matt, as long as the pressure switch has a clear path to the tank so it can monitor the tank pressure, it doesn't have to be in a "straight line".

Use tees, nipples, bushings etc to modify the look of the manifold to suit the machine, even if that means that the pressure switch isn't directly up from the tank.

Also, go here and scroll down the page to brass fittings. There are some there that you can use. Contact them to find your local distributor.

Click here to add your own comments

Add your own question or comment. It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Compressed Air Fitting Question.