Craftsman Tank Drain valve source

by Kevin
(York PA)

Where can I get a replacement drain valve other than Sears?

1.6 horsepower 33 gallon 150 psi Craftsman air compressor. Model number 921. 16472 manual number 200 - 2798
I called Sears and they want $38 for a drain valve. That's absolutely insane. Does anybody know if there's any other place you can purchase one that fits? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments for Craftsman Tank Drain valve source

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 04, 2016
Drain valve
by: Bill

Kevin, assuming you are speaking of the tank drain valve, with the compressor off and the tank empty, remove the existing drain valve.

Using the fittings size guide found on this site, determine the thread size that threads into the tank.

Using that as a guide, go on-line and use buy compressor tank drain valve as a search string. Pick one that has the same thread as yours.

The tank doesn't care what the drain valve looks like, only that you can open it periodically to drain water from the tank.

Click here to add your own comments

Add your own question or comment. It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Craftsman Compressor Issues.