Your compressor has an oil issue, does it?
Many, many requests come into this website from folks questioning what to do when their compressor has an oil issue.
If one of your compressor oil issues is an oil change, if you want some step by step instructions on how to change your compressor oil in a typical DIY type air compressor, this site has a page on how to change the oil and the right oil to use.
Also, please check out the video below in which a much younger me explains what is the default oil to use in your small or workshop reciprocating air compressor.
Video About Compressor Oil
No Idea About Compressor Oil at all?
If your compressor has an oil issue that isn’t covered or been addressed by other questions and responses listed below then please add your question about compressor oil using the form at the bottom of the page.
If you can add some advice as a comment, that too would be much appreciated.
Additional oil reading:
- Air Compressor Oil Capacity Guide – Air Compressor Oil Levels
- How to Change Air Compressor Oil – Guide to Replacing Compressor Oil
- Air Compressor Oil Types GUIDE – What Oil to Use in Air Compressor
- Air Compressor Oil Sight Glass – Oil Level Sight Glass Guide, Replacing & Reading
- Air Compressor Oil Related Issues – Oil Damage To Compressors
- Air Tool Oil Substitutes And Alternatives
- Air Compressor Oil Substitute – Alternatives Compared
- Oilless Air Compressors vs Oil Compressors – Differences Between Oil and Oil Free Air Compressors
- 10 Best Air Tool Oils
- 10 Best Oil Free Air Compressors
- How to Quiet An Oilless Air Compressor
- Air Over Oil – Air Over Hydraulic Cylinder Benefits & Uses
- Air Compressor Oil Breather / Crankcase Breather Cap Buying Guide
- Air Compressor Oil Separator Guide – Air Oil Separators & Oil Water Separators
- What Happens if an Air Compressor Runs Out of Oil?
- Air Comes Out of the Oil Fill Cap
- Oil in compressor tank drain water
- Why air coming from our compressor has bad smell same as burned oil
- Why does oil come out of the oil fill tube?