40400 check valve shattered?

by Derek
(San Pedro, Ca.)

Check Valve for Model 40400 - had a crack in it. When I went to remove it, it shattered into a half dozen pieces of Chinese pot metal (its not brass)..

Is there anywhere I can get a replacement? Called HTF tech who says it is "discontinued"...
Derek, find out where the big box stores get their compressors repaired under warranty, and follow up with those folks.

You do not need to replace the tank check valve with exactly the same model, as long as the one you use emulates the function... keeps the air in the tank, and has a port for the line to the pressure switch, and that you can install, of course.

You can actually cobble up a new one from parts that are typically stock at a decent plumbing outlet.

It won't look the same as the original, but you can make it work the same way.



Click here to post comments

Add your own question or comment. It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Central Pneumatic Air Compressor Issues.