Can not find replacement regulator

by Vickie
(Pine Bluff, AR. USA)

Regulator piping for 62803 air compressor

Regulator piping for 62803 air compressor

I have a Central Pneumatic air compressor, 5 to 125 psi, 2.5 HP, 21 gallon tank, model # 62803. The serial # is 369831551. The pressure regulator broke off & of course I've searched harbor freight, among other places to find part & either they've stopped carrying c.p. Parts or never have. If you could guide me to someone who sells this pressure regulator I would sure appreciate it.

Thank you

Comments for Can not find replacement regulator

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 15, 2018
Regulator for 62803 air compressor
by: Bill

Vickie, that you didn't upload a photo of your compressor makes finding a regulator more difficult.

I've found one, and uploaded an image of the discharge piping for the 62803 and can only hope that this is the compressor you are asking about.

The good news is that you don't have to buy or use a Central Pneumatic regulator, you can use any one that fits. And, if my photo is correct, finding a replacement should be pretty easy.

Any hardware store or big box store that sells compressors typically offer general purpose regulators and almost all are the same port thread size, similar pressure ranges, and similar adjustment knobs as the one I found in the photo above.

You broke off the old, can you take it with you? Did you break the fitting too, or just the regulator.

The discharge pipe from the compressor tank to the pressure switch and then to the filter and regulator on your compressor is a certain size. Typically 1/4". Pipe is measured on the I.D., so the hole in the pipe should be 1/4" NPT which is bigger in diameter than 1/4". See the NPT page on this site for a guide to what NPT equals what actual size.

Pick up another general purpose regulator with the same hole size as the pipe, and the same (or close) pressure range that is shown on the old gauge and install it instead of the one that was broken.

Click here to add your own comments

Add your own question or comment. It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Compressed Air Regulator Questions.