Ingersoll-rand p185, can Automatic Transmission Fluid be used in screw type compressor?
Fluid in sight glass is red, is that compressor oil or ATF? Need unit for blowing out cracks in pavement. Looking to do complete service as engine oil and air filters dated 2008, I doubt if anyone has ever serviced air system, separator, filters etc.
Used to be common.
IF you’re pretty sure that’s what it is, I’d stick with it.
Existing Ingersoll Rand P185 tow behind compressor pages:
- Ingersoll Rand P185 Tow Behind Compressor Parts, Manuals, Information
- Adjust air pressure on an I/R 185
- I/R 185 cuts out under load
- I-R 185 bogs down and dies
- Ingersoll Rand 185 pumping oil with air
- P-185 stalling
- I/R 185 shutting down
- Ingersoll Rand P185WJD parts catalogue
- I/R 185 spitting hydraulic oil
- Ingersoll Rand 185 intermittent shut down
- Ingersoll Rand 185 blowing air out of pressure relief
- Ingersoll Rand P185 running hot & oil is dark
- Ingersoll Rand P-185 ran out of fuel and now won’t start