Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
1987 Ingersoll Rand 185 blowing air out of pressure relief valve.
The air compressor is starting fine but when i push the air button the pressure relief valve blows out air and oil
You need to replace your seperator filter, its blocked and wont let air through it which causes the safety valve to blow
Had same issue diaphragm in unloader was torn cost about 60$ now works perfect.
Of course had to adjust regulator as well.
Could see where if regulator not working properly could cause same issue.
IR 185 continuously builds air…
what if it’s not the diaphragm in the regulator? And has new separator filter and still keeps building air.
Depends on which safety valve you’re talking about…
The one inside the compressor or the one on the air receiver (tank)
Existing Ingersoll Rand P185 tow behind compressor pages:
- Ingersoll Rand P185 Tow Behind Compressor Parts, Manuals, Information
- Use ATF in a P-185
- Adjust air pressure on an I/R 185
- I/R 185 cuts out under load
- I-R 185 bogs down and dies
- Ingersoll Rand 185 pumping oil with air
- P-185 stalling
- I/R 185 shutting down
- Ingersoll Rand P185WJD parts catalogue
- I/R 185 spitting hydraulic oil
- Ingersoll Rand 185 intermittent shut down
- Ingersoll Rand P185 running hot & oil is dark
- Ingersoll Rand P-185 ran out of fuel and now won’t start
New comment? New question? Please add it here along with photos to help others help you with your compressor and equipment problem!