T30 ingersoll rand single phase humms then trips breaker

t30 ingersoll rand single phase humms then trips breaker. always ran fine. pressure in tank is around 80.

We flip breaker in breaker box to turn on. It humms then trips it. 80lbs in tank at the moment.

Comments for T30 ingersoll rand single phase humms then trips breaker

Click here to add your own comments

May 06, 2015
T30 ingersoll rand hums
by: Bill

Start by having a look at the troubleshooting pages, in particular, the one about why air compressors hum.

After you've done the checks noted there, if the problem persists, add a comment here if you would.

Bill

Add your own question or comment. It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ingersoll Rand T-30 Air Compressor Issues.

Ingersoll Rand Type 30 model 253 D 5, ser 279262 motor hums then it will trip the breaker

by Tracy
(Dougalsville Ga)

Good morning Bill,
My father in law has the above mentioned compressor, the problem is when it builds up pressure and cuts off when it tries to restart the motor hums then it will trip the breaker, we have ordered the pilot valve to replace it, it was leaking air around this fitting. any other suggestions or advise greatly appreciated, is there a downloadable manual for this model.

Comments for Ingersoll Rand Type 30 model 253 D 5, ser 279262 motor hums then it will trip the breaker

Feb 19, 2015
Motor hums
by: Bill

This type of topic is covered in detail on a number of the pages linked from troubleshooting.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "we have ordered the pilot valve to replace it "

Bill

Add your own question or comment. It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ingersoll Rand T-30 Air Compressor Issues.

T30 constantly turning on under a strain?

by ron harsla
(valencia ca)

Ingersol Rand T30 air compressor (Photo: Ebay.com)

Ingersol Rand T30 air compressor (Photo: Ebay.com)

constantly turning on under a strain set low at 80 high at 130

ingersoll rand t30 we have the low set at 80 and the high to shut off at 135 then it starts up under a load could it be the check valve please email back to allritegrinding@juno.com thank you

Did that make a difference?

Please post a comment here.

Cheers,

Bill

Click here to post comments

T30 5HP 1PHASE WILL NOT START

COMPRESSOR WHEN SWITCHED ON WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TOOK MOTOR TO SHOP THEY SAID NOT BAD STILL NOTHING HAVE POWER TO PRESSURE SWITCH AN MOTOR WHEN I PUSH IN ON STARTER HOW DO I TEST STARTER OR SHOULD I JUST REPLACE 20YEARS OLD THANKS RICHARD

The IR T-30's have been around for about 90 years, so they are a proven product.

Dump all the air from the air compressor, and then turn the power back on.

Assuming is still does not start, just to confirm, you have traced the live power to the pressure switch, and from the pressure switch to the motor starter?

If nothing is happening at this point, and the motor is good, then power cannot be getting through the start capacitor to the motor.

I'm surprised that when you had the motor checked, they wouldn't have tested the capacitors for you too?

Regardless, there is a page on how to test electric motor capacitors linked from the site map page.

Cheers,

Bill

Comments for T30 5HP 1PHASE WILL NOT START

Nov 17, 2011
T30 5HP 1phase capacitorless starter wont start
by: Jim Hand

after working fine for ages one day my compressor wouldn't start. it is getting 230 VAC through the fused disconnect to the relay so it's not blown fuses. nothing looks amiss as in loose wires or anything damaged. the tank is totally empty- no pressure. it just won't start. nothing clicks, buzzes, or hums.

i don't see any reset on the relay and there isn't one anyplace else I can see that's tripped.